Tackom Ltd was set up in the Summer of 2015 as a company dedicated to making high quality cutting edge wargames. With the staff currently employed the company has decades of experience working on dozens of titles within both the games industry and the military simulation industry. The aim of the company is to produce several new titles that cut across the boundary of casual gaming and wargaming. The company is UK based and will concentrate on high quality simulations and wargames, with emphasis on graphics, AI [Artificial Intelligence] and the Community. Our games are designed to be played as you wish to play not as we think you should play. Currently the company is concentrating on The Art of Combat – Anzio 44 – . Development of the title is well underway.
We have a great team, many have worked on various military versions of commercial and military versions of Close Combat, Games [CC:CC Marines, CC: Anti-Terrorism, CC: Joint Terminal Air Controller, CC: UK Army] BioFor, Sofor [Special Operations Trainer] other games such as Ghost Recon, Warfighter “, VICE, Squad Assault, Call of Duty, Europe in Flames, Warhawk, Decisive Battles of World War II, WW2: Time of Wrath, they have worked on modern drone simulations and much more. The Team have worked for studios as varied as TalonSoft, Atomic Games, Ubisoft, SCI, Freedom Games, Simtek, Dynamic Animation Systems, Treyarch, Matrix Games, Janus Research Group, Government entities such as, PMTRASYS, DARPA, MARCOR, RAF: Regiment, ONR, as well as numerous military serious games projects.
Later Versions - Other Titles
Unlike all previous games THE TACTICAL ART OF COMBAT will cover different eras covering most of the 20th century: WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Iraq in different future iterations of the title.
Civilians – Asymmetric Warfare [WW2 Partisans] – Vital for use as military trainer
Real World Map data importation to create maps [Mission Planning for Military]
The Tactical Art of Combat
Latest News About Art of Combat - Anzio 44 -
The Tactical Art of Combat is to be a new type of game. What we as developers are aiming to do, is to create a new wargame, with new features. The Tactical Art of Combat [AOC – Art of Combat] will be an entirely new type of game, the only real RTTS being developed anywhere. The only past title that bears comparison with Art of Combat was the old 90s title Close Combat. The game will feature an enhanced 3D world, real ballistics, physics, and beautiful 3D world. Many features will not have been seen in any other game. We are aiming to produce the ultimate tactical wargame that will get better with each iteration. This is about making the best Tactical Wargame or RTTS [Real Time Tactical Simulation] possible. The aim is to build a game that will eventually cover many time periods, not just WW2. The game will have a host of features, such as civilians who can become insurgents/partisans, booby traps, the ability to realistically model many differing types of tactical warfare from WW2 to Asymmetric, insurgent based warfare.
We have a great team, many have worked on various military versions of Close Combat, Games [CC:RAF Rgt, CC:CCM, CC:AT, CC:JTAC] other games such as Squad Assault, Call of Duty, Europe in Flames, Warhawk, Decisive Battles of World War II, WW2: Time of Wrath to name a few. The Team have worked for studios as varied as TalonSoft, Atomic Games, Freedom Games, Simtek, Treyarch, Matrix Games, Janus Studios as well as numerous military serious games projects.
The Tactical Art of Combat [AOC – Art of Combat] will be an entirely new type of game, the only real RTTS are CC and Graviteam Tactics, which are both very different. While we will be recognizably a much enhanced and featured type of CC game, that’s really as far as the comparison will go. The game will feature a much enhanced 3D world, real ballistics, physics, beautiful 3D world. Many features will not have been seen in any game anywhere. We are aiming to produce the ultimate tactical wargame, that will get better with each iteration. This is about making the best Tactical Wargame or RTTS [Real Time Tactical Simulation] as possible. This is not MY game or the developers game, but OUR game, the communities game.
Two of the things that are guiding principles here: To make a game that has as many options as possible, if you don't like one view, switch to another or lock the view/zoom. Want to dive right in, quick battles, campaigns. Want supply/logistic, pre bombardment, air strikes, morale reality levels, pre deployment, river crossings, want to award medals, auto award them, promote units, make your own unit? What can be made an option for the player will be. The other thing is modding. Yes Unity makes modding hard, but not as hard as has been made out and we can always build game specific editors. While we cannot guarantee this first go, we are aiming for this. This is a game for the community, to finally give a new title worth the name after 15 years, something new and fresh.
Early Feature List:
• Theatre of the game is Italy [Provisional]
• Unlike all previous games THE TACTICAL ART OF COMBAT will cover different eras covering most of the 20th century: WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam, Iraq in different future iterations of the title.• Force selection between battles• Simplicity of use
• Reinforcements in battle
• Stacking Units
• Real Attacks on Op Layer / Real Counter Attacks
• Intuitive Interface – GUI
• Realistic Battlefield simulation
• Improved AI on both SAI/TAI
• Multiplayer (up to 5-10 per side) [Provisional]
• Civilians – Asymmetric Warfare [WW2 Partisans]
• Larger Strategic Area allowing real movement
• Top Down & Isometric Camera View [Options]
• Zoomed Views allowing for accurate height judgement [Options]
• Scalable Soldier Size
• Role playing aspect. [Medals / Promotions etc]
• Tracers and canon fire in game. [NOT LASERS!]
• Unit Stacking on Strat Map
• Triggers [Booby Traps/Mines/Insurgents/Partisans]
• Pre-deployment of pill-boxes, sandbagged mg/mortar positions.
• Importing of Real World Map data [Mission Planning for Military]
• Options for most things, camera angle, game speed, historical, random, importing own map data, importing unit data, changing units loadout,
• Strat map supports, supply, logistics, harbours, railroads, docks, airfields, bridges, Minefields, commands, roads, cutting supply, communications to artillery, air support, Military Manoeuvre, flanking etc
• Night movement? [Almost a must for Germans!]
• Realistic Water – River Crossings Etc
• Command HQ has radius and effect on Strat Map
• Possible Modular AI [?]
• Cross Platform